When compared to Windows 10, Windows 11 introduces several UI changes. Well, it is, without a doubt, one of the most important advancements in Windows history. Windows is cleaner and more frank as a result of this update. Many individuals have commented that Windows 11 now looks a lot like macOS. Widget is a brand-new feature in Windows 11. However, several users have reported that the Widgets on their Windows 11 Insider Preview PC are not working properly. Because Windows 11 is a recently released version of Windows that has yet to be released to the public, users may encounter problems while using the preview version. Additionally, users may encounter several bugs because Windows 11 is a new release. In rare circumstances, users may experience problems such as Windows 11 widgets not working correctly or being sluggish.
Windows 11 Widgets Not Working? How To Fix
If you are encountering this issue, you should not be alarmed. However, this is a common problem that Windows 11 users may need help with after updating their computers. This post will look at how to fix Windows 11 widgets are not working.
Ensure Widgets Are Turned ON
Many users can’t find the Widgets button on their taskbar. It’s because the widgets button may not be enabled in their version of Windows. Typically, the widgets button is not enabled by default, and you must enable it manually to see the widgets option in the taskbar. Follow the steps listed below to enable the widgets button on the taskbar.
- Right-click the taskbar and choose Taskbar Settings.
- The taskbar settings page will be where you are headed. The Show Widgets button is toggled here. When you enable it, the Widget button will appear on your taskbar.
This will enable and allow you to use widgets in Windows 11. If widgets are not enabled on Windows, you will not see the widgets button on the taskbar. Before you can use it, you must first activate it. If the methods above still need to address your problem, follow the steps below.
Disable Graphics Driver
Disabling graphics drivers may also fix this error. A temporary bug in the graphics driver often causes this error. This can easily be fixed by deactivating and then re-enabling the graphics driver. Follow the steps listed below to disable and then re-enable the graphics driver.
- To open the start menu on the PC, click the start icon or press the Windows key on your keyboard. Now, open the device manager by searching for it in the start menu.
- The device manager will give a list of all the hardware on your PC.
- To expand the Display Adapters section, double-click it.
- Your PC will display the graphics card. Generally, only one graphics card will be listed under display adapters; however, two graphics cards may be listed there if your computer has a dedicated and integrated graphics card.
- Right-click the graphics card and choose Properties.
- To disable the driver, click the Properties tab and disable the device. This must be done for each of your computer’s graphics cards. When finished, click OK to close it.
- You may now use widgets on Windows 11 by clicking the widgets button.
This will fix the issue of Windows 11 widgets not working.
- You will then need to re-enable the graphics drivers.
- Click on the display adapters in the device manager to expand them.
- Right-click the graphic driver in the list and choose properties.
- Go to the driver’s cab in the properties and click enable the device to enable the graphic drivers. Ensure you do this for all your graphics cards on your PC.
Sign Out & Sign In To PC
To fix the problem with the Windows 11 widgets, try signing out and signing back into your PC. This issue may be caused by transitory faults and errors several times, which may be fixed by re-signing into your computer.
- On the taskbar, click the Start button.
- Now, in the Start Menu, click your name, and then click Sign out from the menu that appears.
- Sign in to your account again, and the issue should be resolved.
Restart Windows Explorer
Try restarting Windows Explorer if the issue with the Windows 11 Widgets persists, and the problem should be fixed. Then, follow these steps to restart Windows Explorer.
- Open Task Manager by searching in the Start Menu.
- In the Task Manager, you’ll be headed to the Processes tab.
- In this window, search for and select Windows Explorer. To restart Windows Explorer, click Restart.
The problem with the Windows 11 widgets not working should be fixed by doing this. You should go to the following step if you are still having the issue.
Switch To Microsoft Account
If you use the local sign on your PC, you may have problems with the Windows 11 Widgets. You could switch from your local account to your Microsoft account and check whether the widgets work. Follow the following steps to switch to Microsoft Account.
- On your PC, launch the Settings app. Next, press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- In the left sidebar, click the Accounts tab.
- Now, on the right, click Your Info.
- If you see this option, you are signed in using the Local account instead of signing in with a Microsoft account.
- To sign in using the Microsoft account, click this option.
Enable Widgets From Group Policy
Another option is to enable widgets via the group policy. Please remember that this method will only work if you install the Group Policy editor on your computer. Follow the steps below to enable widgets in the Group Policy Editor.
- Open the Run dialog box on the computer. You may hit the Windows + R key combination.
- To open Group Policy Editor on your computer, search for gpedit.msc in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Click Computer Configuration on the right side of this page.
- Click the arrow next to Administrative Templates to expand it on the left side of the screen.
- Under Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components.
- Select the Widgets folder under Administrative Templates by searching.
- Now, on the right, double-click the Allow widgets button.
- Select Not Configures and click OK in the next app window.
This is how you can get your Windows 11 widgets to work again. If your Windows 11 widgets are not working, you can fix them by following the steps above. We hope you find the article helpful in fixing the issue. Would you please let us know if you require any assistance in the comments section?