Customers are viewing videos at a high pace in every business. And that is why businesses are concentrating more and more on high-quality videos. Not just on video-focused platforms like YouTube but also on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, videos are becoming more popular. Everyone, whether creators, influencers, viewers, or subscribers, makes or consumes video content. Good editing is necessary with video editing software to create a high-quality video. The audience is left with a lasting impression by a superbly edited video.
Best 26 Free Video Editing Software
Top Best Free Video Editing Software For PC
Video editing on a PC is more convenient than editing on any other device. On PC, these are the best video editing software. Let’s have a peek.
The App Store offers iMovie, a free video editing tool, for iOS. It is suitable for beginners and is quite simple to use.
- It comes with a variety of pre-installed themes and trailers.
- You may share your videos straight across all social media platforms.
- It contains a lot of quick cuts that increase efficiency.
- You may adjust the volumes of your audio using the software.
- It features a special green screen control.
- Use iMovie to remove background noise.
2. Media 100
Free MacOS video editor Media 100. With superb visual quality, Media 100 provides reliable and user-friendly features. As a result, 100 is a fantastic solution for beginners who wish to offer videos of professional quality.
- It supports 4K, 2K, HD, and SD video resolutions.
- With the aid of Media 100 Suite, you may produce videos in broadcast quality for file-based processes.
- Directly into Adobe After Effects for completion, you may export your videos from the Media 100 timeline.
- Boris RED is also part of this free video editing software for various transitions and titles.
- Its native QuickTime codec compatibility includes DVDPRO HD and ProRes. You may mix supported codecs in the same timeline without rendering or conversion.
- With Media 100’s powerful keyframing, you may have the option of endless layering, text production, bespoke transitions, and animation.
3. Windows Movie Maker
The Windows Movie Maker is one of the most popular and straightforward video editing software. It’s perfect for beginners since it’s so easy to use.
- Several video transitions and effects are available.
- Your video should include titles or credits, an audio track, and a chronological narrative.
- Because of its simple features and easy user interface, it is suitable for beginners.
- Directly to social media platforms, you may upload your video.
- AVI, MP2, DVR-MS, M1V, MP2V, MPE, MPEG, ASF, MPG, MPV2, WM, and WMV are all acceptable formats.
4. HitFilm Express
The HitFilm Express is a free video editing software with VFX capabilities. It is relatively easy to use, making it perfect for novices to take their first step toward becoming professional editors or filmmakers. Free video editing software is good for beginners, students, YouTubers, and anybody on a tight budget.
- With this free video editing software, you may combine timelines, layers, and track locking.
- Export queue allows you to build up a list of video clips to export while away from your workstation.
- The quality of your projects is ensured by this free video editing software’s support for UHD and RAM preview.
- HitFilm Express now includes several sophisticated animation tools. Now you may edit and create audio and video transitions without using composite shots.
- This free video editing software creates the well-known Picture in Picture (or PiP) effect. Using varying sizes and positions, HitFilm allows you to position one clip within another.
- From one clip to another, create and copy a collection of characteristics. You may also grade one and apply the same criteria to the others.
- This free video editing software lets you fine-tune your sound using the audio mixer. Easily balance, modify, and mix various songs.
- You may create seamless transitions between pictures with the slide, push, dissolve, split, fade, and zoom transition features.
You may add as many audio and video clips as possible with Openshots, a free video editor online. In addition, you may visualize your audio using wave patterns.
- It includes more than 80 languages.
- The newest video editing technology is constantly available.
- It supports input formats such as QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and others.
- Produces the finished video in mpeg, avi, mp4, mov, and other formats.
- Make use of 3D animated titles and effects.
Lightworks is a video editor with various ready-to-use video effects already loaded. In addition, you have access to a large collection of royalty-free content inside this video editing software. Those who have already used editing software would love using this software since it has many complex and technical features. There is also a premium version available.
- It can edit up to 256 videos, audio clips, and still picture clips.
- You may use it to edit 4K videos.
- It is perfect for managing several projects since it offers many complex features.
- It supports almost all of the most recent audio and video formats.
7. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve 16 is a professional 8K editing, color correction, audio effects, visual effects, and audio post production software. Moving between editing, colors, effects, and audio is easy with only one click.
- It is the only software that allows for multi-user cooperation. Assistants, colorists, editors, VFX artists, and sound designers may simultaneously work on the same project.
- You can explore the whole edit and trim process without zooming and scrolling.
- Save time by letting the edit modes automatically sync clips and edits for you.
- There are built-in tools for picture-in-picture effects, stabilization, retiming, dynamic zoom, audio, and text.
- DaVinci has a neural engine that automatically recognizes faces in videos.
Blender is an open source animated content production software. It is software intended for sophisticated users only. Histogram, luma waveform, live preview, chroma vectorscope displays, audio mix, synchronizing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization are some of its sophisticated tools.
- It offers features including modifier-based modeling tools, advanced character animation tools, and node-based material.
- Its interface is customizable and provides a variety of color options.
- Supports the most recent audio and video formats.
- MOV, AVI, WMV, MPEGPS, MPEG4, MP4, FLV, 3GPP, and WebM are the supported output formats of this video editing software.
9. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC is a free video editing software that may be used to edit and create many types of videos. It supports most video and audio formats; GoPro and DVD videos may also be included. When making videos for various mobile devices, pre-installed profiles are helpful.
- It includes text and audio overlay, a variety of charts, and a slideshow generator.
- It features a non-linear editing mechanism. Non-linear indicates that no particular sequence is required. All items may have different properties, forms, and positions.
- Hardware acceleration, a multi-color chroma key, and parameter settings that may be adjusted are all features of the VSDC video editor.
- You can quickly create HD videos with the improved real-time resolution solution.
Free video editing software called Wondershare Filmora. It is a well-known video editing app for those who wish to make high-quality videos. You can also edit 4K videos. In addition, it has audio and video tools.
- Ripple trim and removal may be done automatically.
- You may also turn auto ripple on and off as needed.
- The review renders button, and a new smart backdrop preview are also included.
- Organize your media and create composite effects.
- To your video clips, apply effects, filters, and transitions.
- The stabilization tool helps smooth out shaky footage.
- The volume of the audio clip may be modified inside the timeline by keyframing to make many modifications within a single clip.
- You may also choose from three track sizes: small, medium, and big.
- Each video clip or picture in the preview window may be rotated, flipped, scaled, and moved.
Avidemux is video editing software for cutting, filtering, and encoding various video clips. It supports various file types, including AVI, MP4, ASF, and DVD-compatible MPEG files. In addition, you can automate processes using a job queue, projects, and efficient scripting.
- Avidemux is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and BSD.
- A video’s sections may be cut, copied, or deleted.
- This free video editing software allows you to apply numerous video and audio filters.
- For preserving or publishing, convert video.
- It supports all widely used video formats.
12. Shotcut Video Editor
Shotcut video editor is a Movavi video editing software that allows you to edit videos like a professional and create visually appealing videos. It is a cross-platform, open source, free video editor.
- You may use video clips, background scores, and audio from the video editor collection.
- Remove motion distortion without reducing overall video quality to increase video quality.
- You can adjust frequencies, normalize audio, apply effects, and eliminate noise.
- This free video editing software can identify audio rhythm and match it with the overall pace of the video.
- You can display numerous videos on a single screen.
- You may edit and export videos immediately. This is possible thanks to Intel hardware acceleration.
- Microphones may be used to record a voiceover.
Clipchamp is an easy-to-use video editor with all the editing tools for video projects. The software includes trim, cut, rotating, cropping, and speed control features. In addition, you may add audio tracks, text, and images, adjust colors, and apply track effects.
- Videos may be created using various media sources, or you can use your footage.
- With this video editing software, you get three video tools. They are all accessible via a single interface.
- It includes an in-built video converter, compressor, and an in-browser webcam recorder to easily record your videos.
- Use Clipchamp’s free online video editor to compress and convert video clips to other formats, such as MP4.
Top Best Free Video Editing Software For YouTube
Sharing videos on YouTube is becoming more popular these days. As a result, good video editors who can edit videos, particularly on YouTube, are in high demand. So let’s look at some free YouTube video editing software.
14. Adobe Premiere Clip
It is a free video editing software used to create high-quality, enjoyable, and easy-to-make high-quality videos. Well, open these videos in Adobe Premiere Pro CC to add a personal touch to your videos.
- Pick a soundtrack and clip gorgeous groupings of images to the precise rhythms of the music. To anybody or any platform, share your videos right now. With advanced editing features, you can even further personalize your video.
- Drag and drop videos and images into the desired order, trim or cut the portions of your video that you don’t want, and add visual components with different changes, transitions, and effects.
- The stock sound effects collection allows you to choose any track. You may also add any music you wish. Your video’s audio levels are lowered using the Smart Volume feature.
- To increase the overall aesthetic of your videos, apply lighting and color using this free video editing software.
- To make it visually engaging, add a static picture. Apply a slow, subtle zoom as well.
- You share your videos immediately on all social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Upload the videos straight to Premiere Pro CC to apply extra edits.
15. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter Free Converts Videos into 500+ Formats. MP3, MP4, WMV, DVD, AVI, iPhone, and Android may all be converted. In addition, YouTube videos may also be converted to a desired format.
- Freemake video editor supports all MP3, MP4, SWF, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, QT, Divx, DVD, HD, RM, TS, and MTS formats.
- You may import anything, including images and audio files, and turn them into stunning videos.
- Its codecs, including MKV, AAC, and MPEG4, allow you to transcode numerous clips simultaneously.
- On platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, etc., there’s an option to download video clips. Even modify the audio from these YouTube clips to whatever format you choose, such as MP4, MP3, MKV, AVI, WMV, and 3GP are all supported.
- Upon conversion, Free Converter sends audio and video files to iTunes. This also helps in the recreating of huge HD videos.
- You may convert video clips for any media using the free video editing software’s playback option. You may use the ready settings for iPhones, iPads, Android devices, Windows devices, Xbox, and other mobile devices such as tablets, wearables, and consoles.
16. Media Composer
Media Composer supports many formats. It provides professional video editors with comprehensive video editing features that suit them. From start to finish, you receive fantastic features to convey your story and amaze your customers. Whether you are a professional editor or freelancer, this video is helpful.
- Your videos may completely change the look and feel of the story you’re attempting to communicate. Use color grading and other visual effects to change the tone of your video.
- With the help of the free composer in this free video editing software, you may create beautiful 7.1 surround soundtracks.
- You can convert HD, UHD, 8K, and 16K video to stereoscopic 3D using Media Composer. Optimizing your workflow removes any bottlenecks.
- Please keep track of all your files using its media management features.
- HDR color and DNx codecs allow you to scale high-resolution media and match diverse color spaces.
- Automate time-consuming processes in the background for video editors who are under deadline.
- You may also create YouTube videos using this free video editing software.
Loopster is an online video editor giving free software to schools, people, and filmmakers. This video editing tool and a very flexible solution are easy to learn and use. In addition, Loopster is powerful enough to be used in projects of any scale.
- The editor in Loopster can be easily used at home or on the road. The Loopster app; you may also use this software on your mobile device.
- To use Loopster and create videos, you don’t need any expertise in video editing.
- Loopster includes an admin interface to supervise a project and enables numerous individuals to work simultaneously on a single video.
- Turn your videos into professional-looking videos by adding sound effects for added impact.
- Record effortlessly and speed up or slow down your videos. Add transitions, images, text, audio, and sound effects.
- For video distribution, it has an excellent system.
It is a video editing software with cloud storage, screencasting, and voiceover features for professional-looking video production.
- You may add features like a green screen to make your videos appear more professional.
- With this free video editing software, you have no upload time.
- You may upload to several social media platforms, such as YouTube, and choose from various formats.
- Pick from over one million stock media items, including images, videos, and music files. This free video editing software lets you get professionally licensed and royalty-free music.
- Whether using a Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or mobile device, you will have the freedom to make videos. Mobile devices running iOS and Android may also be used to edit. With its cloud-based flexibility, you will have access to infinite storage.
19. VideoPad Video Editor
Well, this free video editing software is designed to be user-friendly for professional video editors. VideoPad is a video editor that includes features for editing and producing videos of professional quality in a matter of minutes.
- You may burn movies on DVD and even export your videos online to numerous portable devices.
- Access popular video files formats such as AVI, DIVX, MP4, APNG, and many more by capturing video with a camcorder, GoPro, or webcam.
- Over 50 visual and transition effects add a professional touch to your videos.
- Its outstanding video streaming processor gives you a simple and quick editing option.
- This video editing software includes more than 50 graphic effects and transitions you may use in your YouTube videos.
- The VideoPad video editor supports all common video formats.
- Upload your videos to disk or file, burn them, store them, export them, and share them.
- This free software allows you to edit and apply various effects to audio recordings.
- Execute 3D and 360 video editing features, then export them.
It is a free online video editing tool used to play and edit various multimedia files. Machete can edit video and audio files in WMV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, MP3, MP4, FLV, MKV, WMA, and WAV. Machete will also provide you with assistance for future versions of the program.
- Unwanted fragments may be removed; you can mix, copy, move, and save various parts.
- Remove audio from video files with this software.
- Play video files in AVI and WMV.
- Using this editing software, you may cut, remove, copy, and paste video files.
- Video fragments may also be saved as independent files.
- One video file may be inserted into another video file using this ability.
- All supported media formats’ metadata may be edited.
- Save a frame as a bitmap file and a PNG or JPG.
It is a simple and effective tool for producing images, GIFs, and videos online. Kapwing enables you to make videos using your content. You may stitch together various clips, whether gifs, videos, or images. You may easily upload your media or paste the link.
- Drag & drop your media into any order is an additional feature. The output video’s size and shape may be changed.
- Thanks to this free online video editor, you can now share your videos straight on social media, which will increase interaction.
- Add subtitles, logos, labels, stickers, calls to action, and more to your videos and images.
- This free video editing tool allows you to change the time, choose colors, animate various objects, and add music.
- The Kapwing free video creator may transform ordinary footage into stop-motion clips. Just upload your footage to get started.
- Upload a picture straight to Kapwing to include images. Pasting a link to a .png or .jpg file online will also work.
- Text may be readily added to the video using its editor. Drag and drop to customize its position, and quickly change the typefaces as desired.
Top Best Free Video Editing Software For Mobile
The best way to save time is to edit while on the road. These are the best free mobile internet video editing tool.
Splice is a mobile iOS video editing software that is both effective and free. The creators of GoPro present Splice, which is suitable for iPhone and iPad users. It’s incredibly simple and easy to use this app. All owing to its really simple interface. You can cut, copy, and edit videos with only a few touches. In addition, you may add multiple soundtracks and transitions from their extensive built-in library to make your video shareable instantly.
- Using the iPhone and iPad, you can create videos that appear professional. On your mobile devices, you will have the capabilities of a desktop video editor.
- Do all tasks a professional video editor requires, including crop, trim, apply effects, add titles, adjust speed, use animation and transitions, add music, and much more.
- You will get access to a large selection of sound effects and free music. You may overlay multiple tracks and increase or decrease the volume. This online editing tool lets you add your narration as an audio file to your video.
Top Best Free Video Editing Apps For Instagram
Here are some best video editing apps for your phone that you can use to create gorgeous Instagram videos to share with friends and followers. Instagram videos are becoming more popular.
23. Lapse It
This free editing tool is perfect for creating time-lapse videos, which are popular on Instagram. So that everyone may access this software and app, Lapse It includes completely working versions for every operating system.
- Short-form time-lapse videos are particularly popular on Instagram.
- Both iOS and Android users may access it.
- It features a highly strong and quick render engine.
- It features a UI that is used to improve usability and aesthetic appeal.
- With this free video editing app, you may record intervals that start at one second.
- When recording video footage or during post-production, apply various effects.
- In addition to Instagram, you may upload your video to other social media platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
Horizon is a video editing app that enables users to easily record videos in a horizontal format regardless of how they hold their phones. Unfortunately, we often forget to tilt our phones when we rush to record a moment.
- When recording a video, experiment with various zooming techniques. To zoom out and zoom in while recording, tilts your mobile device. There are no particular gestures necessary.
- Add pizzazz to your video files by selecting one of eight real-time filters.
- You may also use the feature to enable slow motion when recording a video. It will automatically record horizontally using this free video editing software.
- With a single swipe, you may choose many objects. Just touch and hold the screen to replay 120 frames per second of footage in slow motion.
- With only one touch, you may capture your favorite horizontal photos.
25. Monarch Smartcut Pro
Well, for editing and mixing wedding videos in less than 30 minutes, Monarch Smartcut Pro is one of the best video editing tools. Video editing becomes easy with 6000+ transitions and cinematic filters.
- 3D transitions and advanced cinematic filters.
- Analog and HDMI output and input.
- Timeline-based auto transition.
- Video export offline.
- Choose from the A to A and A to B transitions.
Magisto is a mobile video editing software that can do several functions and create the video of your choice for Instagram.
- Enter raw footage and choose a video style of choice. With this free online video editing solution, a variety of video styles are offered.
- With Magisto’s free video editor online, you may add music of your choice.
- This app is available on Android and iOS and has earned several honors, including ‘Editor’s Choice,’ among others.
- Using its native player, you may host videos connected to your website.
- There is an option to send cross-channel marketing videos tailored for email marketing, social media, email, content marketing, and numerous video advertising platforms.
We hope this list was useful to beginners and those searching for a free option to edit their videos. Video editing software has a promising future, and if you want to start your trip, check out these free video editing software apps. If you have any other recommendations for us to include in this list, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.