Editing photos to enhance their attractiveness goes back to 1860 when President Abraham Lincoln’s picture was edited. Scratching, scraping, painting, and other manual labor were common. Just a select handful had these abilities. This is now easier to access because of modern technologies. Photo editing software is accessible to everyone, whether you are a professional photographer or want to improve your random snaps. Well, one of the most famous photo editing software for PC among photographers is Adobe Photoshop. It has become a verb because people are so used to it. But, a plethora of additional photo editing software is available to augment your photography talents and transform an ordinary click into an extraordinary one.
Photo Editing Software For PC Key Features
The features that any PC photo editing software should have are listed below.
Color Correction – You may use colors to draw the viewer’s attention.
Edit Shapes And Sizes – Change the form of any image to improve its aesthetic appeal.
Add Design Elements – A photo editor for PC allows users to arrange graphics, split images, and create tables.
Adjust Brightness And Contrast – To pique the attention of the viewer; users may adjust the brightness and contrast of the image.
Noise Reduction – You may remove noise in any image by reducing the pixel size.
White Balance – Adjust the color and lighting of an image with this feature.
Exposure Adjustments – This app allows you to adjust the light exposure of an image.
Crop And Resize – Photo editing software makes changing an image’s dimensions simple.
Background Removal – With this feature, you may remove the background from any image and isolate the subject.
Extract Subjects And Elements – The best photo editing software lets you easily extract a subject or element from an image.
Photo Masking & Layers – This feature enables users to conceal or show portions of an image.
Best 12 Photo Editing Software For PC To Try
1. Adobe Photoshop CC
Images are edited and composed using Adobe Photoshop CC. It may be used for sophisticated image analysis. Photoshop is one of the most popular editing tools artists, designers, and illustrators use worldwide. The masking, retouching, and layering tools are the best on the market. It has become an industry standard for all photo editors and designers. ‘Editable rounded rectangles’ is one of the special features of this software. Those who need to export shapes in CSS format to another Adobe app will find it invaluable. You can easily resize, edit, and so on afterward.
- Smart sharpen filter reduces noise and halo effect.
- Saves the photo to Creative Cloud for easy and quick sharing.
- Choose vector masks, multi-shape, and paths all at once.
- Imports color swatches directly from HTML and SVG files.
- To make your text appear appealing, add paragraph borders.
2. Photoshop Elements
Adobe Photoshop Element is a simplified version of Adobe Photoshop that is designed with beginners in mind. It has three levels of work: quick, guided, and expert. You may advance to the expert level if you have mastered both the quick and guided levels. You may use all the elements and tools to create and edit designs swiftly. For beginners, it’s an excellent photo editing software.
Quality, subject, faces, and tags automatically select photos. As a result, you won’t have to look for images for your slideshows and collages. Users may use its tools and elements when in Quick mode. Several design effects may be applied to the pictures using the Guided view. And the Expert mode eliminates all of the critical and useful tools. It includes 100 pre-designed templates. Users may adjust the size, color, and weight of each element.
- It uses auto-curate to select the best photos.
- Replace backgrounds with a single click.
- Add overlay effect
- Whatever is required is automatically selected.
- App ear closed with open eyes.
- Beautiful presentations that have been reimagined.
3. Lightroom CC
Professional photographers may use Adobe Lightroom CC, a photo editing software, to edit their photos. Non-destructive editing is possible for editors. It helps in enhancing or modifying certain features of the image. Several professional photographers use it as one of their go-to solutions. Photo editors can compress or decompress images based on their needs.
It enables photo editors and designers to decompress or compress the images according to their demands and requirements. The ability to edit across several platforms is a crucial feature of Lightroom CC. The cross-platform editing feature lets users move their work across numerous devices while working fluidly. Even in device failure, Lightroom CC photo editing software for PC allows for continuing work. Professional photo editing software is available.
- Obtain HDR capture and batch editing features.
- Enjoy speedier imports and direct access to Adobe stock.
- Camera, lens, and file support are all available.
- Web sharing and pre-set creation tools are present.
- The search module with Adobe connection has been improved.
- There is a photo sharing feature with split toning.
- Retouch an image using creative previews.
4. Photo Selection Software
Photo Selection Software is one of the best photo editing software for PC, designed specifically for photographers and photo studios. It will assist them in taking their clicks to the next level. Users may upload photo albums for editing and access from anywhere. Photo Selection software is a cloud-based solution that makes it simpler for users to access it from anywhere. Users may also access this software from various platforms, including mobile phones and tablets. One of the software’s best features is the ability to enable your clients to make suggestions or add comments on an image(s).
- You can quickly highlight a certain image.
- Several photos may be resized and watermarked with ease.
- Albums may be uploaded for editing in addition to pictures.
- Images may be automatically resized.
- Password protection is an option for the control panel.
5. Karizma Albums
Karizma Album is a clever photo editing software to assist pros and beginners in creating distinctive photo albums. The KARIZMA album software is an easy-to-use album production tool that enables users to create digital albums. One may choose from a variety of templates, tools, and decors. Users may also modify these templates. They may create their titles and work on many projects at once. It is excellent software for any photo album style, from traditional black and white to modern and colorful.
- The auto-alignment module makes it easier to construct the ideal album.
- Using auto collage tools, you may make a one-of-a-kind collage.
- Using fading and mixing effects, it creates a fashionable album.
- Images may be automatically resized and divided.
6. Movavi Photo Editing Software
Movavi Photo Editing Software is one of the top photo editing software programs that allows you to eliminate undesired and random elements from your image. It is an easy-to-use photo editing software for enhancing image quality, eliminating unwanted items, altering backdrops, and more. Both expert and inexperienced photographers and designers may benefit from Movavi Photo Editor. With Movavi photo editing software, one may even add text to a picture. A lifesaver is the background editing tool in the Movavi Photo editing software. You can take a picture anywhere in the world by teleporting there.
- With only one click, you may enhance colors and boost contrast.
- Remove visual noise, fractures, stains, and flatten creases in ancient pictures.
- Inserts captions, titles, and other text into the image.
- Creates a collage by merging images and their elements.
- Remove duplicates and create slideshows.
7. Magix Memories Manager
Photo and video editing software are included. Photos may be cropped, special effects can be added, and audio can be added to photo albums or videos, among other things. Users may organize, edit, and add soundtracks, and design elements, among other things. Other tools are available, such as Photo Manager for editing photos and Movie Edit Pro for editing videos. Magix Memories Manager can work with any image and video format. Organize image and video files, edit them, and add sound effects and design elements. One feature that makes this photo editing software special is the ‘Panorama effect’ As a result, you may connect separate images to make them seem like a single image.
- Edits any video, whether it’s from a DSLR or a Blu-Ray disk.
- One thousand five hundred professional templates are included in Magix Memories Manager.
- It alters the brightness and contrast in your photos.
- Removes red eyes, noise, and undesired objects from any image.
- Create panoramas by combining up to 8 single images.
8. EZ Mask
This interactive image masking software allows you to extract any object from an image, including smoke, reflections, and hair detail. EZ Mask is an easy-to-use image masking tool that can extract any object in the image. It works even with smoke, fine hair detail, and reflections. EZ Mask calculates the transparency value for each pixel in the image. This software may also reduce blue or green spills. In addition, EZ Mask allows edge color estimates to avoid image fringing and helps create a flawless composite.
- The refine mode adds polish to the mask.
- It makes masking based on strokes easier.
- Blue or green spill suppression is supported.
- The foreground layer supports color correction, position, rotation, and scaling tools.
- Obtain a thorough corrector for all colors and locations.
9. Muvee Wedding Studio
Muvee Wedding Studio is a photo and video editing software for wedding studios. It may be used for both photo enhancement and beautiful wedding slideshows. Muvee Wedding Studio offers eleven easy-to-use pre-sets that may make your pictures appear the best in no time. Two of the most sophisticated photo and video editing tools are used in Muvee Wedding Studio photo editing software. Use this photo editing software to create dramatic trailers for photos and videos. You may use this software to improve the background and people’s look in a picture. In other words, you may illuminate a dark monastery, adjust the contrast of a sunset or dawn photo, and shoot under disco lights.
- With the magic repair feature, you may analyze and correct the picture completely.
- It reduces dark circles, brightens the skin, corrects freckles, and improves facial features.
- It will rejuvenate weary eyes and alter the facial tone of the people in the photos.
- The brightness and contrast of the photos and videos may be adjusted.
- Simple photo background replacement.
Use reFine if you seek photo editing software that enables hyper-realistic sharpening and object details. Users of this photo editing software may apply effects like selective sharpening, edge smoothing, detail enhancement, pencil effects, etc. There are several methods to alter each of these layers. It separates an image into three layers: coarse, medium, and fine. You may experiment with each layer independently. Each layer may undergo selective filtering, sharpening, and smoothing.
- A 32-bit image may be processed by it.
- You get photo masking tools that are both modern and easy to use.
- It allows for edge-aware smoothing, which you may use to erase skin blemishes.
- By sharpening and enhancing details, they may be kept.
- Edge smoothing is excellent for removing all skin imperfections.
11. Alien Skin Exposure X4
With its creative tools, it is a creative photo editor that helps you bring images to life. It provides strong organizing tools, easy design, and speedier performance. Using AlienSkin Exposure X4 editing software, applying filters and complex non-destructive layers is simple. It lets you copy the image from the camera card and store it with a keyword, tag, or rating.
- It uses highlights and improved shadows to reveal an image’s details.
- The light effects may be entirely adjusted.
- To rectify slanted and distorted views, transform tools might be used.
- Adjust the white balance and adjust the noise by reducing it.
- Histogram transform tools are present for color editing and black & white editing.
12. Chaos Group PDPlayer
PDPlayer is a professional image sequence reader and player allowing you to examine high-quality, high-dynamic range images in conventional file formats. Playback of HD definition images is seamless using PDPlayer. Users may create multi-layered compositions and make real-time edits at the same time. On layers, you may also grade the colors. With its simple interface and tools, collaborate with distant teams. With its 32-bit industry standard, HDR, OpenEXR, RLA/RPF, DPX, and TIFF, vivid image details are preserved. Its ‘smart integration’ feature makes the software distinctive. Thanks to robust command-line and scripting features, it can be readily integrated into any workflow.
- You may create multi-layered compositions and adjust an image in real-time.
- On separate layers, you may adjust the colors.
- With annotation tools, you may communicate with distant teams.
- OpenEXR and VRIMG files are channels from which composite layers may be extracted.
- With Chaos Group PDPlayer, you can quickly composite and export layers to Adobe After Effects.
The Bottom Line:
Beginners, experienced photographers, and editors may use these top photo editing tools. In addition, it is a crucial component for professional photographers, editors, and freelancers. Use these photo editing software for PC this year as well.